Gave it a go...
A downloadable game for Windows
Grand Guilds is a story-driven, tactical RPG with a unique blend of card combat mechanics. You and your comrades will journey the lands of Irin, a continent on the brink of another war, while engaging in challenging tactical combat. Unveil a mystery that's plaguing all the guilds of the land.
In combat, each playable character has unique mechanics and abilities that, when combined properly, will make the difference between complete victory or utter defeat.
Will you help Eliza in her struggle to save the beautiful world of Irin?
Currently under active development by Drix Studios.
- Turn-Based Strategy - Learn and master the fundamentals of tactical combat. Positioning and terrain will mean the difference between victory and defeat.
- Card Combat System - A diverse set of skill cards will form the abilities of your units, making every turn more dynamic and each decision more important and meaningful.
- Deck Building - Tailor each character to your playstyle by customizing their skill decks. Obtain powerful new abilities by completing quests or leveling your characters.
- Guild Quests - Embark on challenging, procedural missions that yield exciting rewards. Increase your guild's reputation to earn bonuses that will aid you in combat.
- Diverse Cast - Each playable character has unique mechanics and abilities that enable them to fill various roles in your squad such as tank, support, and damage dealer.
- Epic Narrative - Unravel the mysteries shrouding Irin, a continent on the brink of war. Follow Eliza and her companions as they journey through this vast, magical world.
- Voice Acting - Characters shout out their actions in combat and express their feelings during dialogue using short phrases.
You can download the free demo below. Story-wise, it includes the prologue and chapter 1. You'll get to play through 8 combat encounters with each lasting anywhere from 10 to 20 minutes, depending on how you play. In total, the demo should last around 1.5 hours, if you don't skip the dialogue.
How to install
1. Download the .zip file and extract to any directory.
2. Run GrandGuilds.exe
3. Your Anti-virus software may try to scan the game. Just wait for it to complete.
4. Enjoy the game!
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Failed-Forbidden...impossible to download.
itch.io is not great with file over 1GB if you are from EU.
I absolutely LOVED this demo!
I'm a huge fan of strategy games, and I really liked the idea of cards and deck building for your character, together with the RPG-like leveling and all.
The animations and characters look wonderful, IMHO.
I did run in one bug though, whilst in one battle, a character got defeated, yet I could still use it to move/attack, even though the corpse was still on the same place when defeated. It was in the second battle in the Guild HQ with Eliza, in case that would help.
Anyway, that all being said, I decided to make a video on the game to hopefully intrigue others! Feel free to have a look, or use the video to promote your game! I'm looking forward to more and will definitely be following this!